|"Sporting Excellence and Opportunity for All"
Sutton High School provides the opportunity for all girls to participate in a wide range of activities and sports. From the time they join us at 3 years old, girls enjoy Physical Education lessons with our specialist PE staff. These include weekly swimming lessons in our on-site pool, gym, curriculum dance, netball, hockey, tennis, rounders and athletics. Regular House events take place throughout the year including the traditional Sports Days during the Summer Term. Girls are encouraged to join clubs in and outside school to widen their experiences and further enhance their standard of play.
We aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced programme of Physical Education that is differentiated to meet the needs and aspirations of all
- Establish attitudes that emphasise fair play and an appreciation of the efforts of others
- Encourage participation and commitment
- Motivate girls to acquire a level of skill that will allow them to participate confidently in activities in their future
- Help establish self-esteem through competitive and co-operative activities
- Encourage social integration and promote health and fitness
Fixtures and Competitions
The Physical Education Department has an extensive fixture list for all sports. As well as friendly fixtures, teams are entered into a range of Local, District and County and GDST tournaments. Fixtures take place during and after school with the occasional tournament taking place on Saturday mornings.