- £15,445 (£27,432 full time equivalent)
- Term time only + 5 days (36 weeks per year)
- Part time 25 hours per week, 8.15am – 1.15pm
- Permanent contract
- Required from September 2021
- Closing date: 9am, Friday 23rd July 2021
- Interviews: Week commencing 26th July 2021
If you are experienced in supporting children in a learning environment this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role at Sutton High School.
As Cover Supervisor, you will provide effective supervision of lessons in the absence of the normal classroom teacher, including:
- Distribution of set work
- Assisting pupils where possible/appropriate
- Collecting and returning work
You will also support the development of a vibrant learning resources centre, providing cover for supervised study, arranging display materials, maintaining the content on the VLE and creating a purposeful space for learning and assisting staff and students.
Good ICT skills in Microsoft Teams and MIS applications e.g. Word, Excel, databases are essential along with an excellent command of written and spoken English.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Prep Schools are among the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why work at Sutton High School?
The School is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further information and to apply for this position, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 23rd July 2021.
Interviews: w/c 26th June 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.