We are looking for a full-time Technician to join our Design Technology team. You will need the passion and energy to support our talented students, who approach the study of design with dedication and imagination. A large number of our girls move on to engineering or design courses and the Product Design GCSE and A Level courses are very popular. The DT Technician will be based in the DT Workshop and Maker-Space and must have the necessary skills to support 3D design, use of CAD and the work of our busy STEM society. Knowledge of robotics and electrical engineering will be a distinct advantage.
Applications will be dealt with in the order that they are received and we reserve the right to call candidates to interview early.
- Full-time 36 hours per week TTO (+5)
- £25,341 of the GDST’s support staff grade 3, in the Teaching Support job family, which is for a 36 hour working week over 52 weeks per year. As a part-time employee paid for 41.23 weeks per year (including holiday), your annual salary is calculated pro rata to this amount i.e. £20,090 pa.
- Start date: 1st September (or as soon as possible thereafter)
- Closing Date: 24th July
- Interviews: Tuesday 27th July
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
*Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To apply, please email your application form to email@example.com