- Salary: Grade 4, with a salary up to FTE £36,000 Pro Rata: £17,972
- Location: Sutton
- Contract: 21 hours per week term time plus 15 days
- Hours: The successful applicant must be able to offer full time during examination sessions, such as the Summer exam season (May and June) and when results are released in the summer (typically last two weeks in August). The hours for the rest of the year are flexible.
- Required from: As soon as possible
- Closing date: Friday 11 March, but please apply ASAP as we reserve the right to call candidates to interview as applications are received.
- Interviews will take place TBC
We are looking for an organised and efficient administrator to join our team, as part of a forward-thinking and welcoming school. You will be responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of internal and external examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies, and JCQ. You will be the main contact with examination/awarding bodies, and to liaise with the leadership team (particularly the Deputy Head (Academic)), Heads of Department in the Senior School, ALN Coordinator, teaching staff, candidates, and parents/guardians. The Examination Officer is responsible for leading our team of examination invigilators and any other examination facilitators.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: Friday 11 March, but please apply as soon as possible and we reserve the right to call candidates to interview as applications are received.
Interviews will take place on TBC.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
The GDST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.