- 20 hours per week all year round, 4 hours per day, mornings preferred
- Salary: £21.5k to £24k FTE – Pro-rota salary £11,944 to £13,333
- Applications must be received in by Monday 7th February 2022, 9am
- 30 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
Sutton High School are currently seeking an individual with a background knowledge in accounts to join the finance team at Sutton High School.
Your main tasks will include processing invoices and expenses and dealing with any queries that come into the finance office, sorting daily post, petty cash reconciliations, updating excel spreadsheets and maintaining departmental files. You will also, on occasion, be required to cover reception, reprographics and first aid.
Training and Development
- Attend INSET training courses or other training to update and extend skills as required by the school
- Regularly review own practices, set personal targets and take responsibility for own self-development
All school staff are expected to:
- Work towards and support the school vision and the current school objectives outlined in the School Development Plan
- Support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding students
- Work within the school’s health and safety policy to ensure a safe working environment for staff, students and visitors
- Work within the GDST’s Diversity Policy to promote equality of opportunity for all students and staff, both current and prospective.
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues
- Engage actively in the performance review process
- Adhere to policies as set out by the GDST Council Regulations, The Hub and GDST circulars
- Undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Prep Schools are among the top schools in the country. Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why work at Sutton High School?
The School is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further information and to apply for this position, please click the apply button.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included. The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.