- Required from September 2022
- Full time
- Salary Range: Competitive
- Closing date: Monday 25th April, midday
- Interviews will take place the same week
Sutton High School is seeking a well-qualified graduate to teach Classics to highly motivated and talented girls in our forward-thinking and vibrant Senior School, where Latin is taught from Year 7 up to A Level, with Classical Civilisation A Level and GCSE Ancient Greek also on offer.
This role would suit an experienced practitioner or an aspirational ECT, with the confidence to teach our aspirational girls to A Level.
Classics is part of a supportive Languages Faculty, and line management will be part of the role.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: Monday 25th April (Midday)
Interviews will take place the same week
Sutton High School is part of the GDST (Girls’ Day School Trust) - the leading network of independent girls’ schools in the UK. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.