We are looking for a driven and forward-thinking Head of English, who will also lead on the school’s public speaking and Debating provision. This is an exciting time to join a growing school and create a vision for inspiring our talented and dedicated girls to become future leaders in this pivotal area. This is a full-time position, teaching across the age range from Year 7 to Year 13 and delivering GCSE and A Level English. The Head of English leads a Faculty and therefore contributes to whole school strategy through our Academic Leadership Group.
- Salary: Competitive plus benefits
- Hours: Full time
- Contract: Permanent
- To start: September 2020
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an independent day school for girls with a family ethos, educating girls from 3 to 18. We are situated on an open and spacious site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country for Value Added, and we place great importance on developing our girls as confident individuals.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
We also offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment