- Required from: Immediate start
- Contract term: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
- Salary range: £44,000 - £56,000 pa
- The closing date for applications is 21st March 2022.
- Interviews are to be confirmed
Sutton High School is seeking a Head of Year to play a key role managing the pastoral provision for pupils in specified year groups.
Their key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the school’s monitoring of academic performance
- Leading and managing the tutor team
- Contributing to the management and development of activities that aim to support pupil’s social and academic development
- Supporting and contributing to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of pupils
Ideal candidates will need a working knowledge of KCSIE guidance with similar experience of a pastoral role and experience of managing pastoral concerns.
Applications from candidates with a specialism in a number of subject disciplines will be considered.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 21st March 2022.
Interviews are to be confirmed.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
The GDST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.