- Required from: ASAP
- Contract term: Permanent Term
- Hours: 33.33 Hours per week
- Salary range: London Grade 1 Fixed £20,688
- Application deadline: 21st February 2022, midday
- Interview date: From 22nd February 2022
Sutton High School are currently seeking an experienced Kitchen Porter to:-
- Assist with the unloading and movement of goods and stores, ensuring HACCP checks are undertaken and recorded; reporting of any irregularities to the Head Chef/Assistant Chef
- Wash up crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils, both manually and through the dishwasher, ensuring a high degree of cleanliness is maintained
- Assist Chefs/Cooks in food preparation and other related duties if and when required.
- Undertake setting up and clearing away of equipment and tables
- Undertake daily and periodic cleaning of catering areas and equipment, ensuring accurate records are maintained where necessary
- Transport and serving of meals and refreshments
- Assist with service at school functions and events, that occur outside normal working hours
- During school holiday periods, undertake more thorough cleaning of all catering areas as directed by the Head Chef/Assistant Chef
- Report defects, maintenance requirements, damage or other concerns immediately to the Head Chef to ensure that they can be dealt with promptly.
- Update catering skills and knowledge through appropriate in-service and external training programmes as required.
- Adhere to safe working practices and ensure that instructions given by the Head Chef, manufacturers, suppliers etc are adhered to.
- Attend INSETS, training courses or other training to update and extend skills as required by the school.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Prep Schools are among the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why work at Sutton High School?
The School is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further information and to apply for this position, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 21st February 2022 Noon
Interview date: From 22nd February 2022
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.