- Salary: £27,100 - £37,100 pro-rata (Grade 4)
- Required from: September 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
- Contract term: Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only plus five days, equating to a take-home salary range of £22,461 - £30,067
- Closing Date: Friday 7th August
- Interviews: Tuesday 11th August
Sutton High School has an exciting opportunity for a Lead STEM Technician, with a focus on providing technician support in Physics at GCSE and A Level and Science in Years 6-8, to support the safe delivery of experiments and practical activities within lessons in order to optimise teaching and learning. You will line manage the Science Technician Team and lead on our innovative practical STEM Society, working closely with our talented and motivated girls to provide exciting opportunities in competitions, workshops and projects related to areas of science, technology and engineering. This key leadership role involves conducting risk assessments, complying with health and safety procedures and providing support to extra-curricular activities and whole school events.
The successful candidate will have a good background knowledge of Science, along with laboratory experience gained in either an academic or industrial setting. Experience working with children and teenagers, or in a school setting, will be a distinct advantage.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls’ schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
*Employee benefits include:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To apply, please email your application form to email@example.com