- ASAP start
- £29,160 (FTE £35,000)
- Term Time + 10 days to be worked on INSETS & school holidays
- 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Sutton High School are looking for a Medical Officer / School Nurse / Paramedic to work in our friendly school, supporting girls from 3-18.
You will provide a high-quality service of care to pupils and first aid care to all members of the school community. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the medical room
- Acting as the first point of contact for all students' medical needs
- Delivering first aid/emergency care for all students, staff and visitors and, if necessary, coordinating the transfer of any casualties to the A&E Department
- Treating minor injuries/illness so that students/staff can safely return to class
- Managing pupil absence including liaising with Heads of Year, parents and outside agencies
- Keeping all pupil health records up to date, maintaining accident/incident reports, organising first aid training for staff and updating associated records
If you have relevant skills and experience with a professional and approachable attitude and are willing to learn and undertake further training we would be delighted to hear from you.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are among the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls' Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls' schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
We also offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest-free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
The GDST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.