- ASAP start
- £35,000 (£42,000 pa full-time equivalent)
- Term time + 10 days to be worked on INSETS during school holidays
- 36 hours per week, Mon-Fri with flexible working, part-time or job-share applications considered.
- Application deadline: Monday 10th January 2022
If you offer considerable first aid and medical/healthcare experience, this position offers the opportunity to play a key role in the health and welfare of the students at Sutton High School.
As Welfare Officer, you will be an integral part of the school community and the first point of contact for all students' medical and health needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering first aid care, effectively triaging for mental health care and treating minor injuries
- Maintaining appropriate accident and incident records and medical information
- Monitoring health care plans for students with complex health needs and long-term conditions
- Ensuring that vulnerable students and those with particular personal needs are identified and supported (e.g. students who are carers, those with diabetes, those self-harming)
- Organising training and maintaining records for all first aiders
- Excellent organisational administration skills are essential
- A nursing qualification is desirable, though not essential. You will need a knowledge of health needs assessment for the school-aged population
- Equally important is knowledge of child protection procedures and confidentiality issues and an understanding of the process of risk assessnent and risk management. You will also need up-to-date knowledge of COVID-19 requirements and the skills to contribute to the school's incidents plans and health and safety committee
- Previous experience of working with children would be helpful but most importantly you will be empathetic, collaborative and able to make sound clinical decisions.
About Sutton High School
Sutton High School is an academically selective independent day school for girls with an age range of 3 to 18 years. We are situated on a green and leafy site in central Sutton, close to excellent public transport links and major roads. Both Senior and Junior Schools are amongst the top schools in the country.
Sutton High School is characterised by a warm, happy and integrated community, where girls support each other to aspire and achieve.
Why Sutton High School?
The school is a member of the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST) and the Girls' Schools Association (GSA). Membership of the GDST, the largest group of independent girls' schools in the UK, gives us unrivalled opportunities for training and sharing of good practice in teaching and learning.
We also offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications must be received by midday on Monday 10th January 2022.
We may interview and offer the position before the deadline, so if interested please apply immediately.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.